Night is the mother of multiple characters in The Faerie Queene, including:
Since Night is associated with darkness, the opposite of light, there was a negative association with this entity. She was seen as an antagonist to the one true church, or with Christianity in general.
See our complete list of Arthurian characters for more entries like this one.
- Norris Lacy, Geoffrey Ashe, Debra Mancoff – The Arthurian Handbook (Second Edition)
- Alan Lupack – The Oxford Guide to Arthurian Literature and Legend
- Ronan Coghlan – The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
- Anonymous – Lancelot-Grail, the French Vulgate
- Sir Thomas Malory – Le Morte d’Arthur