Abiron refers to two different things in the Arthurian legends.
1. Abiron the Knight
In one instance, Abiron is a Knight of the Old Table, and serves King Uther Pendragon. He also goes by the names Nairon and Naron.
2. Abiron the Place
This Abiron is actually a region, and it was ruled over by a knight named Segurant, who also lived during the time of King Uther.
Unfortunately, we don’t have any more than that.
See our complete list of Arthurian characters for more entries like this one.
Cite This Article
- Norris Lacy, Geoffrey Ashe, Debra Mancoff – The Arthurian Handbook (Second Edition)
- Alan Lupack – The Oxford Guide to Arthurian Literature and Legend
- Ronan Coghlan – The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
- Anonymous – Lancelot-Grail, the French Vulgate
- Sir Thomas Malory – Le Morte d’Arthur