Abinors was a Duke of the Scottish borderlands, as well as some of the islands, during the time of King Uther Pendragon.
He did not support Uther, and Abinors eventually died of grief, after Merlin abducted his daughter and imprisoned her on Turnance, or the Turning Island.
He first appeared in Le Livre d’Artus in the 13th century.
See our complete list of Arthurian characters for more entries like this one.
- Norris Lacy, Geoffrey Ashe, Debra Mancoff – The Arthurian Handbook (Second Edition)
- Alan Lupack – The Oxford Guide to Arthurian Literature and Legend
- Ronan Coghlan – The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
- Anonymous – Lancelot-Grail, the French Vulgate
- Sir Thomas Malory – Le Morte d’Arthur