Arthurian legends stretched far beyond the original ancient texts. It has penetrated our culture in a huge variety of ways, to the point where most people can tell you the basic story of King Arthur. This is the modern arthurian media timeline.
What’s on the Modern Arthurian Media timeline?
This is a list of some of the most significant pieces of Arthurian media throughout the last century. Obviously, we could not possibly include every work of Arthurian media that exists, as that would be far too much. However, we do try to include many of the more important stories.
Where to start reading modern Arthurian stories?
Honestly, there’s not a good answer to this. A few good stories to start with include Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the Merlin BBC show, books like The Mists of Avalon, and more. It all depends on personal taste. Simply have a look through this list and pick something that looks interesting.
We hope you enjoy this timeline! If you like it, you might want to consider visiting our Arthurian Legends Hub. Check it out!
And if you see any significant story you think we should add, don’t hesitate to let us know!
- Norris Lacy, Geoffrey Ashe, Debra Mancoff – The Arthurian Handbook (Second Edition)
- Alan Lupack – The Oxford Guide to Arthurian Literature and Legend
- Ronan Coghlan – The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
- Anonymous – Lancelot-Grail, the French Vulgate
- Sir Thomas Malory – Le Morte d’Arthur