As with many mythologies, the Arthurian Legends take place surrounding real locations. In fact, many think that some characters and events might have actually existed. This is our list of Arthurian locations that takes you to some of these possibilities.
What’s on the list of Arthurian locations?
This list compiles both mythical locations like Avalon, and real-world locations like Glastonbury. Each of these locations has some association with the Arthurian legends, whether mythical or real. Many are listed that are thought to be the actual locations of certain key events, such as the Battle of Badon, a legendary battle that probably took place, and is thought to be led by the real-world Arthur.
If you know of a key location that is missing from this list, be sure to let us know. We hope you enjoy this list of Arthurian places.
We hope you enjoy this list! If you like it, you might want to consider visiting our Arthurian Legends Hub for similar resources. Check it out!
- Norris Lacy, Geoffrey Ashe, Debra Mancoff – The Arthurian Handbook (Second Edition)
- Alan Lupack – The Oxford Guide to Arthurian Literature and Legend
- Ronan Coghlan – The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
- Anonymous – Lancelot-Grail, the French Vulgate
- Sir Thomas Malory – Le Morte d’Arthur