Perhaps the greatest franchise in existence. This is the Star Wars Canon timeline, every canonical corner of the Star Wars universe.
What’s in the Star Wars Canon Timeline?
- The Official Films: The original 6 films, and all official films released by Lucasfilm since 2015.
- Star Wars Television: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels, Resistance, The Mandalorian and any non-parody animated and live-action shows since then.
- Books: Any adult and junior novels released since September of 2014, starting with A New Dawn.
- Comics: Any official canon comics since Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir.
- Short Stories: Some canon short stories included in various magazines and other outlets.
Where to Start Reading/Watching Star Wars Canon?
Getting into the canon can be daunting, particularly if you have no idea where to start. Thankfully most of the books and comics stand on their own and don’t need much Star Wars knowledge for you to understand what’s going on. If you’re a fan of the new films, we recommend starting with the Aftermath trilogy or Bloodline. Thrawn is another really good book about the origin story of a new character you won’t find in the films. Or you could simply start chronologically and work from there. This timeline basically sums up all of the canon stories and assembles them in an easy-to-follow timeline for your convenience.
Feel free to click on individual items to see more information! As always, if you have questions or comments about this timeline, we recommend you visit our Contact page for ways to contact us. We hope you enjoy.