He is found by the Redcrosse knight with a rope around his neck, after his companion, Sir Terwin, already killed himself. Sir Trevisan left, but was barely saved from his own suicide by Una and the Redcrosse knight.
Sir Trevisan would then lead the Redcrosse knight to Despair’s cave, where he would have his own near-deadly encounter with the spirit.
See our complete list of Arthurian characters for more entries like this one.
- Norris Lacy, Geoffrey Ashe, Debra Mancoff – The Arthurian Handbook (Second Edition)
- Alan Lupack – The Oxford Guide to Arthurian Literature and Legend
- Ronan Coghlan – The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
- Anonymous – Lancelot-Grail, the French Vulgate
- Sir Thomas Malory – Le Morte d’Arthur