Heads up. I’m about to list a lot of unpronounceable names.
Abilas, who also goes by the names Ausile, Cachilis, and Cassiles, was one of four brothers. Those other brothers were Casibilant, Dion, and Dyonis.
Together these four brothers helped their uncle, Duke Calles, along with their cousins in a revolt.
They were also joined by some of Lot’s sons, including Gaheris, Agravain, and Gareth.
Abilas first appeared in the Vulgate Lancelot, and is also called Ausile, Cachilis, and Cassiles.
See our complete list of Arthurian characters for more entries like this one.
Cite This Article
- Norris Lacy, Geoffrey Ashe, Debra Mancoff – The Arthurian Handbook (Second Edition)
- Alan Lupack – The Oxford Guide to Arthurian Literature and Legend
- Ronan Coghlan – The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
- Anonymous – Lancelot-Grail, the French Vulgate
- Sir Thomas Malory – Le Morte d’Arthur