In the Life of St. Gildas, there is a moment when Guinevere is abducted by Kign Melwas of Somerset.
The Abbot of Glastonbury, along with St. Gildas, managed to convince Melwas to return Guinevere before Arthur could go on a rampage in the area with his army.
He first appeared in Vita Gildae, or the Life of St. Gildas.
See our complete list of Arthurian characters for more entries like this one.
Cite This Article
- Norris Lacy, Geoffrey Ashe, Debra Mancoff – The Arthurian Handbook (Second Edition)
- Alan Lupack – The Oxford Guide to Arthurian Literature and Legend
- Ronan Coghlan – The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
- Anonymous – Lancelot-Grail, the French Vulgate
- Sir Thomas Malory – Le Morte d’Arthur